Get involved with your local student union!

Local student unions - Student union of your institution

Each university and UAS has its own student union. These local student unions, as members of either SYL (university students) or SAMOK (UAS students) represent and supervise the interests of the students registered in each higher education institution. They may also organise services like student housing and tutoring, as well as free-time activities like sports events, cultural excursions, parties and so on.

To find out more about what services the student unions offer and what activities they arrange, please contact the student union of your Finnish host institution directly. You can ask your hosting university/UAS about the local student union details.