Longer residence permit extensions for job seeking after graduation

Foreign students graduating from Finland may, from 2015 onwards, apply for a one-year extension to their residence permit after graduation in order to look for employment in Finland.

The recent change in legislation doubles the maximum permit extension time to a full 12 months from the previous 6 months after graduation. By allowing longer permit extensions, the Finnish government aims to increase the foreign graduates' chances of finding employment in Finland.

Read more about the permit extensions at the section 'Working after studies' www.studyinfinland.fi/living_in_finland/working/after_studies

-Study in Finland team